Gravitation chapter: Kepler's laws: class 11 syllabus
In the beginning you may find this 'Gravitation' chapter a little bit confusing but actually it is an easy chapter.
If you learn it the way I am teaching the concepts in this course, you won't find it difficult or much confusing.
to check your preparation for NEET
for questions from this chapter
The content of this 'Gravitation' chapter can be divided into three sections:
- The first section deals with 'Kepler's Laws of Planetary Motion' and 'Newton’s Universal Law of Gravitation'.
- The second section deals with 'Gravitational Potential' and 'Gravitational Potential Energy'.
- The third section deals with the 'Motion of Satellites'.
In class 11 final exam the questions that may come from this chapter are ‘derivations’ or simple numerical problems based on the formulas of this chapter.
In entrance exams too the questions that come from this chapter are relatively easier because the questions are based only on the concepts of this chapter, not from a mixture of two or three chapters. So if you make your concepts clear and remember the few formulas the chapter has, there is a hundred percent chance that you will be able to answer the questions. That's why this chapter is a ‘must study’ chapter for class 11 final as well as for entrance exams like NEET, JEE etc.
We have a course that will make you a master of this 'Gravitation' chapter.
Content of the 'Gravitation' course:
- Kepler’s Laws of Planetary Motion
- Video explanation of Kepler’s First Law
- Video explanation of Kepler’s Second Law
- Video explanation of Kepler’s Third Law
- Numerical Problem on Kepler’s Laws
- Video Solution of the above problem
- Practice Test on 8.1: AIPMT Screening Questions
Section 2(a): Newton's Universal Law of Gravitation
- Universal Law of Gravitation
- Principle of superposition of gravitational force
- Practice Test on 8.2(a): AIPMT Screening Questions
Section 2(b): Variations of ‘g’ at different positions on Earth
- Effect of altitude (height)
- Effect of depth
- Effect of shape of earth
- Effect of rotation of earth about its own axis
- Practice Test on 8.2(b): NEET
Section 2(d): Gravitational Field, Potential & Energy
- Gravitational Field
- Gravitational Potential
- Gravitational Potential Energy
- Clearing a Major Confusion
- Practice Test on 8.2(d): AIPMT Screening
- Practice Test on 8.2(d): past NEET questions
Section 3: Motion of Satellites
- What is a satellite?
- Orbital velocity, Time period etc.
- Energy of a satellite
- Escape Speed
- Geostationary Satellites, Polar Satellites
- Practice Test on 8.3: AIPMT Screening